Wednesday, November 24, 2010

First Snow Day!

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"! Wait a minute, it isn't even Thanksgiving yet! I cannot believe that it is only November and we have already had a foot of snow. It began this past Sunday the 21st, but the blizzard lasted all day long on Monday. They even closed the CG station.
People were stuck at Seatac Airport in Seattle due to all the ice and snow. A girlfriend of mine who lives in my neighborhood was stuck in Bremerton, as she tried to drive home from the airport. Her husband cut his deployment short in order to rescue her today.
Needless to say it has been completely crazy here, but at least I am getting a lot done around the house and Olivia was able to see and touch snow for the first time.
Our front yard.
Backyard.
Olivia and I about to play in the snow. I bought her snow suit before she was born, which she never used since it didn't snow last winter. It was a 3-6 month, so it was a bit tight, but we squeezed her in. Nothing was going to stop our snow day!
Her first steps in the snow. And yes those are my lounging around the house pants and not some crazy snow pants. Both Olivia and I wore our pj's all day long. Why not? It's not like we were going anywhere or had to look good for the snow!


About to touch the snow.
Holding a snow ball for a couple of seconds until it started to freeze her hand and then it was all over.

Kids in our neighborhood love to play on the hill behind our house, but this past week it has become a great sledding hill.
Our house.
The trees in the backyard look like great X-Mas trees. Hmm.....to bad we rent :)
I love all the snow piled up on the barbecue. It looks like a snow cone. I use this as my snow gauge.
Definitely a winter wonderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment