Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ringing in the New Year!

This week is a New Year and my 9th week of pregnancy.  Hello 2014 and good bye 2013!  I decided to ring the New Year watching the ball drop in NY while drinking a whole bottle of premium grade sparkling cider with my hubby.  Who said pregnant women can't have a little fun, ha!
Well, no belly pics this week because I don't think there is much of a change.  Actually in the mourning it feels smaller and then by bedtime it grows a little.  I think I am dealing with a whole lot of bloat.

Food cravings have also subsided.  The first couple weeks I had the same food cravings as I did with O, which consisted of spicy Mexican food, vinegar dressings, and pretty much any kind of food that was acidic like tomato soup.  All I seemed to crave right now is fruit.  I cannot eat anything fried, french fries smell good, but taste terrible and make me feel even more terrible.  It is amazing how much food effects you when you are pregnant and how your body immediately lets you know this is not good for you.  This makes me view food in a completely different way.

All other symptoms like sore boobs, a little nausea at night, and gassy still persist.  The gas is probably the worst part and my poor family has to deal with my crop dusting.  I really cannot wait for that side effect to go and hope it doesn't last my entire pregnancy.

Other than that I am doing pretty good, my energy level has been normal and enough to keep up with a crazy four year old.  There is a theory that if one pregnancy is different from another that you are you are having a baby of different gender.  So far there has been some similarities between both pregnancies, but a whole lot of differences.  We will just have to wait and see if this theory holds true!

No comments:

Post a Comment