Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Trying to stay stylish in my 10th week!

Trying my very best to not wear sweats and PJ's all day long.  Don't get me wrong there is days were that is all I wear, especially when it is below 20 degrees outside and I am going no where.  The biggest downfall of pregnancy I believe is not feeling cute and putting an outfit together is no longer fun and more like a chore.  Rummaging through my closet hoping something fits and feeling like I am playing that scene out of the movie Tommy Boy over and over again, were Chris Farley puts on a small jacket and sings, "fat guy in a little coat".  It is a funny thought, but no so funny when it is my reality and very little fits in my closet.  A lot of my sweaters are starting to look like tube tops.
With my ever changing body and bloat issues it would be easy to give up and say pass the spandex, but I feel it is important for my psyche to be able to look in the mirror and still like what I see.
Being a dancer my whole life I learned the way you dress truly shapes who you are.  Clothes effect  your energy level, attitude, personality, and confidence.  I remember my ballet teacher Elizabeth Huebner, a principle ballerina from Joffrey Ballet telling us pupils you need to dress the part of a ballerina in class as you would on stage and by doing so will dance the part, as well as to your full potential.  This reminds me of Shakespeare's famous quote, "All the World's a stage and all men and women merely players".  I don't know about you but I would rather put on a pretty dress and play the part of an up beat positive girl than a sad girl in sweats.  The lazy down beat girl is only played at home where loved ones hopefully won't judge and love her unconditionally. ;)
Lately due to hormones, weight gain, and overall body changes I have been feeling pretty low.  My outlook on my looks has been less than positive, but these are feeling all women fight whether it is getting older or going through a whole body transformation like pregnancy.  Thank goodness these days there is so many adorable, fashion forward maternity clothes to lift our spirits.  I found a British company online called Asos, which has tons of very fashionable and reasonably priced maternity clothes, even swim wear.  Maternity clothes have come a long way even in the past four years since I had Olivia.  I cannot wait to get my new prego clothes in the mail, something to lift my spirits and make me able to look in the mirror and feel happy and cute again.  When I am happy and feel good about myself I play the part of a better Mom & Wife, two roles I cannot afford to bomb and must play to my up most potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment