Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chris and Erica's Wedding and Visit to OC

Yes, we made it to Mission Viejo for Chris and Erica's wedding on Sunday Oct. 3rd. We flew in five days before and left the following Tuesday after the wedding. Seven days seems like enough time to visit, but it wasn't. It was a whirlwind of a visit and I wish I had another day or two to decompress.
Almost every morning I would wake up to Pop Pop and Olivia watching cartoons. It melted my heart seeing them together. Mornings were pretty much the only down time of the day. I want to take a moment to thank my folks for getting up with Olivia every morning. It was a great and much needed break!
We couldn't wait to put Olivia in her flower girl dress to see if it would fit. My Mom bought it months before so we had to guess on the size. It was perfect! She liked to pull at the flowers and put the ribbons and pearls in her mouth.
Olivia had another princess moment for the dinner rehearsal. I think she likes getting all dolled up.


Sweet face!


The fam!
As the flower girl Olivia was going to be pulled in a wagon by her cousin Brandon aka "the ring bearer" and the other flower girl, Faith. We wanted to give the kids enough practice time pulling her since the ceremony was located on a steep grassy hill with a pond at the bottom. I had a hard time walking down the hill (in heels) let alone Olivia being carted down. Believe me I had nightmares of her flying down the hill and into the pond.

Gee can you tell they are related!
Brandon gets bigger and bigger every time I see him!
The beautiful bride Erica and Olivia, who can't take her eyes off the ice cream she is being feed.
Yummy!
Olivia and Aunt Alicia stealing some snuggles.
The Friday before the wedding we were invited by my Brother and Mom's business associate Dean to go on his 40 ft. Bayliner boat. We left a harbor by Sea World and worked our way down to San Diego harbor.
A Titanic moment! I know I am a dork and have to do this on every boat I go on.

The little sailor girl. Thank goodness we were able to properly use this outfit my Mom got.
My brother at the helm.
We motored around the harbor for awhile, which was full of security for all the navy ships and aircraft carriers.

Olivia taking the reins. Can you tell she likes having the control? :)
Cha would love his own boat/sail boat someday.
The wedding day his here! Erica's bouquet came out beautiful.
Getting ready. Erica's good friend Nicole did a great job on all our hair and makeup. It was so nice to have a big room for all the bridesmaids to get ready in.
Olivia hanging out with the girls. She was crawling all around.

My handsome Johnny Cash.
The blushing bride and maid of honor.
Too bad the sun was shining so bright because this pic would've been nice.
Olivia ready to be pulled down the aisle. I have video of Brandon pulling her because every time he stopped she would crack up. She loved the wagon and I think this will be our next purchase for her.
The ceremony went great and no accidents, besides my sis almost falling down and the kids pulling the wagon a little too fast down the hill. Everyone in the audience keep yelling at them to slow down. I was so glad that so many people were feeling my pain.


The cake! The room in the background was the grooms room, which Cha and I stayed in for the night, while my parents took Olivia home. We had our own little honeymoon! Thanks guys!

Great wedding topper!
My cousin Elizabeth and Olivia.
Sweet Sally getting some hugs.
Cha and Elizabeth.
First dance!
My Dad holding his sweet girl.
My Bro getting some time with his best man Corey Hirsch.

Cutting the cake.
Not sure what Olivia is being fed here, but I am guessing it is cake/ I am hoping. I am surprised Olivia didn't get sick with all the sugary food she was fed.
Brandon really loved his cousin. He wanted to hold her, feed her, and make her laugh. I wish they could see each other more often
Erica is officially Mrs. Rette and my sister-in-law! They were headed out early the next day to LAX airport for their honeymoon in Mazatlan, Mexico.
Riding in style.

Later that day Cha and I headed to LA to see my best friend Abby and her hubby Josh. I haven't seen Abbs since I went to visit her in Hawaii two years ago. What I love most about Abbs is that no matter how much time passes we pick up right were we left off.



The day we were leaving Olivia was playing with her owl pillow that Aunt Erica and Uncle Chris gave her. Unfortunatley we couldn't fit it into our bags so we will have to mail it. Do you notice the owl on Olivia's shirt? If you hadn't noticed I have a thing for owls for Olivia.
Olivia slept almost the entire two hour flight home. When she woke up she wasn't very happy so I tried to soothe her. Cha took some pics because it is very rare for Olivia to cuddle. I think the last time she cuddled this long was when she was a itty bitty infant.
Can you tell I was enjoying it?

If it takes flying for Olivia to snuggle like this than maybe I will travel more often.
Mt. Ranier = WE ARE HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment