Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy V-Day!


Wishing you all a Happy Valentines Day!  Above is some art I did with O this past month.  All of it is made from using her hands, feet and fingerprints.  I have them hanging in our living room and love looking at them.  For Christmas we made a Christmas tree using her hands as the branches of the tree.  For every holiday I plan to do art with her to hang on our walls, as a form of holiday decor.  Hopefully one day when we settle down and buy a house I would like to display all of our art together on one wall.  Soon enough there will be an extra kids art work to hang as well, can't wait!
One of O's and mine gift to Charlie is a hand made picture frame of us in NYC.  It is made of painted puzzle pieces, popsicle sticks for the frame, cardboard, and a lot of hot glue.  Most of it was created at the local library were we do arts and craft along with book time.  I hope he likes it and adorns his office desk with it.
My next project, which is a lot more entailed is finding an antique dresser to go in the babies nursery.  I plan to up cycle it by painting it grey and white, and installing new hardware.  The nursery colors are primarily going to be grey and white.  If it is a girl I will use purples and if it is a boy I will probably use red, yellow, and black.  We will probably only be living here for another year in a half, but Cha will have to paint the nursery walls a grey color because I cannot stand the poo brown it currently is.  A year in a half is too long for me to look at that wall color, although it might be good for diaper accidents. ;)
Well I am at the end of my 15th week and about to enter my 16th.  Today I finally worked out, for the most part getting my Harmony blood test.  It is a very confusing and aggravating process of trying to get an authorization for the test through our medical insurance Tricare.  I will not bore you with the details, but lets just say it is has been a royal pain in my butt.  But today I got my blood drawn and about 10 days from today we should know the results of the babies chromosomes and gender.  So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment