Sunday, July 27, 2014

Eve of Liam's Birth and his Nursery!

Tomorrow, July 28th at 7:30 a.m Liam Charles Bush will be born!  Charlie and I will get up bright and early to be at the hospital by 5:30 a.m.  I don't mind the early time since the past week or so that is about the time I am already up.  I haven't been able to sleep past 6:30 a.m due to anxiousness of impending c-section, possible contractions, or just because I am super prego and uncomfortable.
I cannot believe tomorrow is D day!  This pregnancy flew by at warp speed for me!
I was going through my camera today deleting pics and making room for all the new memories we will make tomorrow.  I came across a pic Miss O took during the last belly pic session that I must of missed.  It is her first pic ever taken with my camera and I had to include it in this post because I thought she did a really good job.  She might have an eye.


Well, the nursery is complete!  Although I hope to add black and white pics of Liam and a piece of art from Etsy to go over his crib, but other than that it is done.  It has been a work in progress ever since I found out I was prego.
The first project was finding a dresser, which we found with matching step stool at the Antique Market in Hammonton.  I planned on up cycling the dresser and painting it grey, but decided being prego was probably not the best time to take on up cycling a piece of furniture.  Tara who works at the Antique Shop and sells her own up cycled items agreed to do the work for me.  Here is the before of the dresser and step stool:


Here is the after:

The dresser is gray and the knobs are the original wood along with the top of the dresser.  The step stool is a distressed bright orange, that almost looks red in the pic.  I helped Tara distress the stool, which was fun.
I also a bought a bed side table from Tara, which she painted the same grey and I found an antique orange metal knob from Ebay for the drawer:


Entering the room


Hot Air balloons Cha and I made.

Shelves over the changing table.  Two of the toys
are an antique air plane hanger and car track

Bedding from Etsy

Toy crate as a gift from my brother, sister-in-law, and sister.
Love the antique crate and orange casters by Serena and Lily.

The ultrasound pics are temporary.   

Drapes are a gift from CG baby shower.
 Orange origami book shelf from Land of Nod.

I hope Liam likes his nursery, ha!  I mean it is really for us than him at this point.  But I had so much fun decorating, I love the creativity and whimsy of kids rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment