Thursday, May 14, 2009

The day our lives changed forever!


Going back in time a bit, I thought I would show you some pics from the day our lives changed forever. The day after my missed period and about five pregnancy samples later I decided to call Chuck and let him know it was pretty positive that he was going to be a Daddy. The day before he just laughed when I said it because it hadn't even been a day since my missed period. But a woman just knows these things and I am also very regular, eighth of the month every mourning. Plus on top of that I jinxed myself by saying, watch I will conceive in March, which means I will have a December baby. Not that it's bad to have a Dec. baby, I just hate having Cha's B-day on the 6th of December because it always gets pushed into Christmas.


Anyway I digress... as you can see I also used the digital EPT test cause I was tired of trying to make out those stupid little pink lines. The first line was very faint because I was so early. Seeing the actual words was a better confirmation. Later that night Charlie came home from work with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Cosco. It was that or Safeway due to the time of night. We then celebrated by going to our favorite Thai restaurant.



I also decided to post the very yummy lemon-vanilla cupcakes I made for the Easter Sunday dinner with our close friends Larry and Jen Santos. The cupcakes were almost too cute to eat!

2 comments:

  1. I think I took those same kind of tests with Callahan. I clearly remember doing the pink one first and sitting in the bathroom. I glanced at the window...assumed there was only one line and then did a triple take to actually confirm there were 2. The one was SO faint. I was shocked. Jim was dumbfounded. I wasn't sure if I was actually pregnant or not because the line was so faint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed that you still have Easter candy. Dad's still eating his, too, but I think Carolynn is finished. I kept some Williams Sonoma sour bunnies in a secret place for the Easter bunny ;}

    Love, "Nina"

    ReplyDelete