Friday, May 22, 2009

What me patient? Haa...

I have to be the most impatient person on the planet! I am the extreme opposite of those people who don't want to know what they are having. But, I guess I am not alone since they wouldn't make such a product if I was the only one.
This past week I was feeling impatient about having to wait till week 20 to find out the sex, so one of my old co-workers sent me ways to find out sooner. I guess one of her friends did this IntelliGender test and it ended up being correct when the baby was born.
Yesterday I was in Walgreen's picking up some items and came across the test. I wanted to wait till my next doc appointment to do the test since I will be at the end of my first trimester and less chance of miscarriage, but I couldn't even wait till then.
The test is pretty much like a pregnancy test, using urine to decipher the sex. Don't ask me how it works, it has something to do with the different hormone levels or something in your urine. The package says it is 95% positive, but it is already starting off at 50%. It also says that real life results are more like 87% accurate. So who knows if it is really accurate, but it will be interesting to see if it ends up being true. Think of me as human guinea pig.
Well I thought it would be fun to do this and find out the result. Even though it resulted in a girl, I don't really feel that excited. I kind of feel like I got away with something I shouldn't, like cheating on a test. I was even contemplating posting it since I am a little embarrassed, but this is supposed to be a documentation of my journey so I thought it was better to be honest. Nonetheless, I am just too dang excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment